In-Person Unit Activities
♦ Q: Should we hold in-person Scouting meetings, outings, or activities?
With safety in mind and based on guidance from national health officials, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is strongly advising that in-person meetings, activities, events and gatherings be conducted only within the guidelines outlined by your state and local health department and other local officials, as well as under the direction of your local BSA council and chartered organization. This applies to youth and adults.
Units need to consider:
- State Guidelines
- County and / or local guidelines that may be MORE restrictive (as is the case in Marion County).
- Council Guidelines Reopening-Unit-Meetings-and-Activities (2)
- Chartered Organization Guidelines
- Units Committee Guidelines
- Parents Guidelines
- The Guide to Safe Scouting
It’s a long list. These are complicated times. With some ingenuity and creativity we can start to scout in person again.