Service at 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
Greg Jacoby from Troop 174 and Council Committee visited Roundtable last night. He was seeking support from Troops, Packs, and Crews for a re-doubled scouting presence at the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon at the start of May. He wrote with more details.
I have been asked by the council to increase the presences of the Boy Scouts at the 500 Festival, specifically the Mini-Marathon. The Boys Scouts have been involved in the past but many times it has been behind the activity in a supporting role. One way to get the boys out in front is to have them man a water station and so we have been asked to man water station number 17 at the Mini-Marathon on May 7,2016 It is the water station just before the end of the race, and is located on the IUPUI campus so it is very easy to get to and park. I am contacting a number of the Troops and Packs in the North Star District to see if they could announce this opportunity and give the Council some support for the this event.
My Troop 174 will be bring a number of boys and we are opening this up to all family members so the community can see how Scouts is more than just the boys. This is one of the only activities that children accompanied by an adult can volunteer during the 500 festival.
We need 70 people to come help. The water station is open from 6 am to 1pm. People can work all morning, or in 3 hours shifts. If you are interested in getting yourself, your Troop or Pack involved please let me know by email and then sign up on the web site www.500festival.com . Some Troops and Packs are making this a group community volunteer activity and others are lettering their members know about the event on their Troop or Pack web site.
Below are the instructions for the 500 Festival volunteer web site.
Thanks for your help and as always call my cell 828-6230 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Yours in Scouting
PLEASE SIGN UP ON LINE BY MAY 2, 2016
- Log onto our web site www.500festival.com
- Click on the volunteer tab at the left of the page
- Click on the red box “register here” link
- Welcome to the 500 Festival online registration, please read the important information
- Click the purple ”Volunteer Registration” button on the right side of the page.
- Select “500 Festival Volunteer
- Enter the access code “Boy Scouts” at the top of the page and click unlock
- Scroll down to Boy Scouts of America, Crossroads of America (it may be the last item on the last page)
- Select your volunteer opportunity – Pit Station #17- Boy Scouts
- From there you can complete your volunteer registration
Thanks for helping to promote Scouting.
Questions? If you have any reach out to Volunteer Intern, Fherry Hannah at email@example.com or 317-614-6113 or Program Manager, Jennifer Livesay at firstname.lastname@example.org