Reminders for upcoming activities and deadlines!
(Many of these are the same items from last week’s Reminders note – please give this a once-over, lots happening this week)
- Final order distribution by unit will be Nov. 15 & 16, and final payment will be due to the CAC office by Nov. 30. Thank you for your diligent sales efforts!
- University of Scouting is coming up on Saturday Nov. 17 – be sure to sign up on the Council website! See this article for more details.
- “Train the Trainer” training will be held Sat. Dec. 1 – see this article for details.
- Den Leader / Cubmaster training: In-person training has wrapped up by this point – don’t forget that training is always available online at my.scouting.org!
- The next Roundtable will be held on Thursday Dec. 16, see this article for details.
Order of the Arrow:
- The next meeting of the Lowaneu Allanque Chapter of the Order of the Arrow is Sunday Dec. 2, 1 – 3pm at American Legion (Broad Ripple) Post 3, 6379 N. College Avenue, Indy.
Merit Badge Workshops and other Events:
- Scout night with the Pacers on Nov. 17! Signup and more details found here.
- Scout afternoon with the Colts on Nov. 18! Signup and details found here.
- Hold the date – Friday Dec. 7 – Troop 56 is planning to host a Chess Merit Badge workshop along with their Webelos Welcome Night, more details yet to come.
- CROSSROADS OF AMERICA 2018 GIVING TREE – Please submit Scout Needs, if you are aware of any, by Nov. 17. See this article for more information, and also to Donate.
- The 2018 Governor’s Luncheon will be held at the JW Marriott on Dec. 10, noon – 1:30pm. See this article for more details.
Thanks all, and have a great week in Scouting!
From our Crossroads Council Team:
Crossroads of America Council, 2018 Scout Giving Tree
As the season of giving approaches we are once again offering an opportunity for those scouts in need to benefit from our Giving Tree Program.
- Families and Leaders who would like to submit information for a young man or woman in their unit can do so before November 17th. Submit Scout needs HERE.
- Families, Volunteers, Community Members interested in making a donation to the Giving Tree can do so in any of our Scout Shops or online! Donate HERE.
Thanks for all you do for Scouting!
From the Colts Front Office:
Indianapolis Colts FAITH AND FOOTBALL with Crossroads of America BSA
Troops, scouts, family and friends from Crossroads of America are invited to participate in the annual Faith and Football experience with the Indianapolis Colts.
– Colts vs. Titans game day ticket on Sunday, November 18 (1pm)
– Post Game concert on Lucas Oil Plaza Featuring Ellie Holcomb
– On-Field Access for Photos
– Testimonials from Colts Players and Alumni
– Scout patch
Please join us for this special event and sign up today! Spaces are limited and is based on availability. Sign up at this link HERE!
Questions? Please contact Hannah Glaser at Hannah.Glaser@Colts.NFL.net
From the Pacers’ Front Office:
We are officially two weeks away from this year’s Scout Night. Don’t forget to purchase your tickets!
You are invited to participate in our fantastic Scout Night with the Indiana Pacers on Saturday, November 17th vs Atlanta Hawks at 7pm. Each Scout can earn a patch! This event will sell out, so do not miss your chance to root on the hometown team!
By purchasing tickets through this offer, you will also:
• Shoot a free throw on the main court after the game (Go to Section 6 or 15 after the game)
• Receive a FREE Scout Night patch!
• A FREE hot dog, bag of chips, small Pepsi product, and Pacers hat through the Scout Value Package ($30- or $55-ticket option only)
• Have Access to a Q & A with a Pacers player after the post-game free throw
To Purchase: Visit https://pacers.formstack.com/forms/scoutnight18
**Please note, if you want to sit with your pack or troop, you must purchase the tickets all together. Otherwise, each individual order will be filled separately.**
Kalee Grant | Pacers Sports & Entertainment
Group Events Specialist
Download the flyer for Scout Night at Pacers_Fall 2018 here.
North Star District is proud to present –
TRAIN the TRAINER (Scouts BSA course D70)
December 1, 2018
9 AM till Noon
1705 N. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46228
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED
Please email Kevin Neese (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for the class.
NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED
This is the training to help make you a “TRAINED” Facilitator of training.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (October 2018):
This group led the completion of over 830 project hours, and three Scouts earned three Eagle Palms between them (2 Bronze and 1 Silver). Hearty Congratulations Eagle Scouts!
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (September 2018):
This group led the completion of over 1167 project hours, and five Scouts earned five Eagle Palms between them (2 Bronze, 1 Gold and 2 Silver). Hearty Congratulations Eagle Scouts!
The 2018 Fall Camporee “HOCUS POCUS” will be here before you know it!
The Fall Camporee will be held at The Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, 7725 N College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46240, the weekend of October 5-7, 2018.
The patch is here! Please see the Fall Camporee 2018 Patch file attached and use this to help promote the Camporee in your units.
The Willy Award Judging Criteria has been announced, and Troops attending the Fall Camporee can compete for this award. Please see the Willie Award Judging Criteria included here.
- trickery or chicanery
- mystifying jargon
- an incantation used by conjurers or magicians when performing tricks
- conjuring skill or practice