From District Program Chair Mark Pishon:
Whether they are ready for delivery is a different questions.
The e-books are not yet listed on amazon.com, though. (I get mine on Kindle now.)
UPDATED: More information on Bryan on Scouting. Notice the logo over the right pocket is slightly changed.
What’s new or different about the Scouts BSA uniform?
- The Scouts BSA uniform shirt comes in sizes and cuts for women and girls.
- New uniform pants for women and girls can be rolled up at the leg to be worn as capri pants. Women and girls can also purchase the current, switchback-style uniform pants that zip off at the knee.
- The new shirt is tan and features a BSA fleur-de-lis emblem and the letters “BSA” in red over the right pocket. The existing inventory of
tan shirts, with “BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA” in red over the right pocket, will be available until they’re all sold out.
Can I still wear previous-generation uniform pieces?
Yes. With BSA uniforms, the rule is: once official, always official.
Can I mix and match old and new uniform pieces?
Yes. For example, you could wear the new tan Scouts BSA uniform shirt with previous-generation green uniform pants.
Here is more information about the new Handbook for Girls:
Why are there two different handbooks?
The volunteer-led board of directors wanted to ensure Scouts can see themselves represented accurately in the pages, and having two handbooks was the most effective way to do that.
The photos reflect the troop of which the Scout is a member. In other words, boys will see images of other boys in the Scouts BSA Handbook for Boys; girls will see images of other girls in the Scouts BSA Handbook for Girls.
Is the content the same between the Scouts BSA Handbook for Boys and the Scouts BSA Handbook for Girls?
Yes, the content, requirements and page numbers are exactly the same. All that’s different is the photos.
What did and didn’t change from the Boy Scout Handbook to the Scouts BSA Handbooks?
What didn’t change:
- Program elements
What did change:
- Images, which reflect the troop of which the Scout is a member
- The program name — Boy Scouts becomes Scouts BSA
- Youth Protection guidelines, which are regularly updated to keep young people safe
- Minor grammar and formatting fixes to the 13th Edition of the Boy Scout Handbook
Can a Scout continue to use the 13th Edition of the Boy Scout Handbook?
They have even opened a Kindle Store to find BSA products there easier.
New Eagle project workbook available
UPDATE: A copy of the 2019 version may also be downloaded from here.
PLEASE NOTE: it cannot be read by Apple’s Preview. You must have a free copy of Adobe Acrobat ver. 9.0 or higher to open it. See bobwhiteblather.com’s link above for more information.
Congratulations to the seven Eagle Scouts presented with their medals at the Troop 358 Winter Court of Honor on Monday, January 14!
Reminders for upcoming activities and deadlines:
Community Events for Scouts (see this article for all three events)
- Harlem Globetrotters Scout offers for this Fri. Jan 18 7pm and Mon. Jan 21 2pm, Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Indiana Pacers STEM Fest (10a-2p) and Pacers vs. Magic game (7p), Sat. Mar 2 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- BSA Swim Check will be held at Noblesville HS on Feb. 24, see this article for details.
- The 2018 North Star Volunteer Recognition Dinner will be held Sat. Jan. 26 – see this article for more details/registration information and the nomination forms for awards.
- Den Leader / Cubmaster training: Be sure to check out the available online training at my.scouting.org .
Thanks all, and have a great week in Scouting!
From Troop 69 Scoutmaster Chad Galer:
I have 5 youth spots for Seabase St.Thomas‘ Sailing Adventure this June 3-9, 2019.
If anyone in your troops or crews might be interested, please have them contact me as soon as possible and I can fill them in on the exact details. Estimated total cost is about $1400 per person ($900 for Seabase, ~$500 for flight).
Yours in scouting,
SM, Troop 69
Hope you will be able to make the 100th Birthday Winter Camporee!
WEBELOS especially, hope you can join us, for the overnight experience or for just the day
[For those that may not have seen the email, Camporee Leader guide also included here: Camporee Leaders Guide Jan2019.]
Have a great time at the North Star District Birthday Camporee!
(Flyer attached: Webelos at Winter Camporee)
Attention all Scouts!
Check out these Indy-area sporting events and offers available to Scouts in early 2018 (click on the links below for more details):
iupui jaguars scout day for the basketball game on Saturday Jan 12 2019
harlem globetrotters in indy Friday Jan 18 / Monday Jan 21 2019
indiana pacers stem fest and Pacers vs Magic Game, Saturday Mar 2 2019
Come celebrate the North Star District’s 100 Birthday at Camporee!
The Winter 2019 Camporee will be held January 11 – 13, 2019 at the St. Alphonsus Catholic Church Sports Field, 1870 W. Oak Street, Zionsville IN.
[The sports field parking lot is off of a street called 950 East which is on the west side of the church campus.]
The fee is $15.00 for each Scout, parent, or adult leader who will be staying overnight on Saturday. The fee includes the collectible Camporee patch. There is no fee for Webelos and their accompanying adults who will be visiting for the day, except to purchase a Camporee patch for $5 (optional).
Please Register at the listing on the Crossroads website: 2019 Winter Camporee Registration .
Keep an eye out for more Camporee updates coming soon!