Reminders for upcoming activities and deadlines:
- If you have not already done so please check last week’s article. Plenty of assistance to go around to help your Troop complete the Rechartering deliverables!
- The next Roundtable will be held on Thursday Dec. 13, see this article for details.
- See this article encouraging you to complete your pending training by the end of December!
- Den Leader / Cubmaster training: In-person training has wrapped up by this point – don’t forget that training is always available online at my.scouting.org!
- Hold the dates – the 2019 North Star Winter Camporee will be held the weekend of Jan 11 – 13, 2019, at the Sports Field across from St. Al’s Church in Zionsville. Theme TBD – more to come soon!
- North Star District Elections will be held on Thursday Dec. 20 at 7pm, Zionsville Town Hall.
- The 2018 North Star Volunteer Recognition Dinner will be held Saturday Jan. 26, 2019 – see this article for more details and the nomination forms for awards.
Thanks all, and have a great week in Scouting!
North Star District is pleased to announce that Micheal (Mike) Smith has agreed to become the North Star Eagle Board Coordinator. Mike’s home unit is Troop 269.
Jerry Simon has served in this role for years and we thank him for his selfless service to the district. They will meet and transition over the next few months. Mike Smith has set up a special email address to use to communicate to the Eagle Board members: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please welcome Mike to his new role and give thanks to Jerry for his great contributions to the district!
The 2018 North Star District Adult Recognition Dinner will be held on Saturday, January 26th, 2019 at the American Legion Post #3, 6379 N. College Ave. from 7:00-9:00 pm. We would like to get a good turn-out for the volunteer recognition dinner this year!
See the 2018 Nomination Forms (<== linked here) which can be used to nominate adult volunteers for recognition in all BSA positions.
Please send all nomination forms no later than January 13, 2019 to:
Mike Yates, North Star District Advancement Chair
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (November 2018):
These two Scouts led the completion of over 230 project hours and earned two Eagle Palms between them (one Bronze and one Gold). Hearty Congratulations Eagle Scouts!
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (October 2018):
This group led the completion of over 830 project hours, and three Scouts earned three Eagle Palms between them (2 Bronze and 1 Silver). Hearty Congratulations Eagle Scouts!
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (September 2018):
This group led the completion of over 1167 project hours, and five Scouts earned five Eagle Palms between them (2 Bronze, 1 Gold and 2 Silver). Hearty Congratulations Eagle Scouts!
What: Troop 514 (based at St Monica Catholic Church) is offering a program for scouts in 9th through 12th grades to earn the Pope Pius XII Religious Medal, which will be presented in a ceremony at the SS Peter and Paul Cathedral by Archbishop Thompson. This medal is for scouts who are Catholic.
When & Where: Troop 514 adult Chaplain Mr. Ed Isakson and Mr. Steve Schelonka will facilitate the Pope Pius XII program, which will be held at the Isaksons’ home on Sunday evenings from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm starting on August 26th and concluding in December.
To register: Please e-mail Mr. Isakson at email@example.com by August 20th to register for this program or to obtain more information about this medal or medals available for scouts of other faiths.
Also, please see the link below for a description of the Pope Pius XII medal from the National Catholic Committee on Scouting. It is a great opportunity for high school-age scouts to discuss how their faith affects the choices they make in life regarding careers, service, and state of life (marriage, single life, religious life, and priesthood).
You can also contact Troop 56 Assistant Scout Master Ed Parada if you have questions (Edparada@sbcglobal.net).
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (August 2018):
This group led the completion of over 747 project hours, and three Scouts earned four Eagle Palms between them (2 Bronze, 1 Gold and 1 Silver). Hearty Congratulations Eagle Scouts!
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (July 2018):