Reminders for upcoming activities:
- February 13, 2020 Roundtable – 7 pm – Cubs/Summer Camp Scouts BSA/Scoutbook
- North Star District Dinner – February 8, 2020
- IT’S NOT TOO LATE! NOMINATE Scouters for District Awards!
- Merit Badge Sundays at Fort Harrison State Park – February 16 – Soil and Water Conservation
- STEM Fest – Feb 1st – tickets still available
- RECHARTERS ARE PAST DUE!
- District Meeting Dates 2020
- SIGN UP NOW! Chills and Thrills Winter Section Camporee – Camp Kikthawenund – Jan 24-26
- Guide to Safe Scouting Newsletter
- Updated Annual Health Form!
- NSD Council Calendar :Help plan your scout year with these District and Council dates.
- Service Hour Opportunities
Merit Badge Sundays at Fort Harrison State Park — Every month scouts have the opportunity to work on a different Merit Badge. Feb. 16 will be Soil and Water Conservation. See attached Flyer.2020-MB-Sundays
Tickets are still available for this year’s STEM Fest! Don’t miss out on this amazing event!
You are invited to participate in the 3rd annual Indiana Pacers STEM Fest presented by The Lilly Foundation through this exclusive Scout Offer! Discover STEM through hands-on activities with local Indiana corporations, universities and non-profit organizations. Get a glimpse into how the Indiana Pacers use STEM in SPORTS.
Tickets start at only $12 per person for the interactive STEM Fest and Pacers game.
Purchase online at Pacers.com/STEMSCOUTS
This event will sell out, so order your tickets today!
Our North Star Scouters Rock!
Nominate your fellow scouters for recognition of their hard work in 2019 and then join them for dinner and celebrate another great year of scouting!
January Roundtable, St. Luke’s, 1/13/20 7pm.
Join us in one of these roundtable sessions.
Cub Scouts: Camp 2020 – There are a lot of changes to summer camp this year. A representative from Council will be here to walk you through the changes and discuss the new camp programs.
Scouts BSA: Scoutbook – learn about how Scoutbook works and how to integrate it into your Unit.
Roundtable at St. Luke’s has moved!
We are still at St. Luke’s (100 W 86th Street) but you now can find us in room N101/102. Very easy to find – just enter through Door 6 or Door 7 and it is right there! (Map attached to help anyway)St Lukes Map 10-17
Please mark your calendars for the NSD Committee Mtg. (1st Thursday of the month) 7:00-9:00 pm Room 204 of Zionsville Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St., Zionsville 46077.
[Feb.6, March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, July 2, Aug.6, Sep.3, Oct.1, Nov.5, and Dec.3]
North Star Units!
Recharters are PAST DUE! They are not considered complete unless you have made arrangements to pay (check, Unit account, etc)
If you have not completed your recharter OR are unsure of your status please contact Spencer or Jenny asap! Nobody wants to fill out a New Unit Application and have all youth and adults fill out new membership applications just because of a missed deadline!
SIGN UP IS OPEN NOW! Pioneer/Crossroads webpage (https://www.crossroadsbsa.org/districts/pioneer/ ) with sign-up (https://scoutingevent.com/160-30716#)
- North Star needs to plan and support two events in addition to the 10 events planned by Pioneer district.
- North Star should provide several trivia questions/answers specific to North Star or Crossroads history or programs
- provide adult and youth support for specific Camporee items.