Have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!
Reminders for upcoming activities and deadlines:
- Remember – final payment will be due to the CAC office by Nov. 30. Thank you for your diligent sales efforts!
- “Train the Trainer” training will be held Sat. Dec. 1 – see this article for details.
- Den Leader / Cubmaster training: In-person training has wrapped up by this point – don’t forget that training is always available online at my.scouting.org!
- The next Roundtable will be held on Thursday Dec. 16, see this article for details.
Order of the Arrow:
- The next meeting of the Lowaneu Allanque Chapter of the Order of the Arrow is Sunday Dec. 2, 1 – 3pm at American Legion (Broad Ripple) Post 3, 6379 N. College Avenue, Indy.
Merit Badge Workshops and other Events:
- Troop 56 is hosting two events to introduce Webelos to the next step in their adventure, and to get to know the Troop. On Friday Dec. 7 there will be a Bounce Night with a light dinner afterwards; on Monday Dec. 10 there is a formal Webelos Welcome Night with the Troop. Please see this article for more details.
- The 2018 Silver Beaver Award Dinner will be held at Camp Belzer on Tuesday Dec. 4, social gathering begins at 6pm with dinner at 6:30pm. Tickets are going quickly, and a $5 discount for early registration will be available until EOD November 23. See this link to register.
- The 2018 Governor’s Luncheon will be held at the JW Marriott on Monday Dec. 10, noon – 1:30pm. See this article for more details.
- North Star District Elections will be held on Thursday Dec. 20 at 7pm, Zionsville Town Hall.
Thanks all, and have a great week in Scouting!
For Webelos (1s and 2s) interested in learning about Scouting with Troop 56, the Webelos Welcome Night is Monday December 10, 2018 from 7 – 8:30pm at “Luke’s Lodge” on the grounds at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 100 W. 86th St., Indy IN 46260.
Separately the Troop will be hosting a Bounce night (the teen version) followed by a light dinner on Friday December 7th, for Webelos 2’s that would be interested in learning about the Troop with a social activity as well.
Please see flyers attached:
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Scouts who passed their Boards of Review this month (November 2018):
These two Scouts led the completion of over 230 project hours and earned two Eagle Palms between them (one Bronze and one Gold). Hearty Congratulations Eagle Scouts!
Just a reminder about the North Star District hosting of the course for:
TRAIN the TRAINER (Scouts BSA course D70)
December 1, 2018
9 AM till Noon
1705 N. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46228
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED
Please email Kevin Neese (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for the class.
NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED
This is the training to help make you a “TRAINED” Facilitator of training.
Please see the Court of Honor Roundtable notes Nov2018 for a recap of the discussion on Scouts Court of Honor – lots of helpful information and background here on best practices for the Court of Honor in your Troop.
Thanks to the Roundtable team for the robust material!
Reminder – please mark your calendar for the December 13 meeting, 7:00 pm at St. Luke’s Lodge, St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 100 West 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46260.
Everyone is welcome!
In addition to wrapping up with Rechartering assistance, the November Roundtable topics are:
- How to run an Awesome Pinewood Derby!!!
Boy Scouts (Family Scouts):
- Holiday Service Opportunities / Celebrate a Successful 2018!
Please forward this information to your Den Leaders, Committee members, and Assistant Scoutmasters. They are an important part of the Roundtables’ target audience.
Remember, attending roundtables is a key requirement to earn the Scouter’s Key for both Cub Scout leaders and Boy Scout leaders.
From the Colts Front Office:
Indianapolis Colts FAITH AND FOOTBALL with Crossroads of America BSA
Troops, scouts, family and friends from Crossroads of America are invited to participate in the annual Faith and Football experience with the Indianapolis Colts.
– Colts vs. Titans game day ticket on Sunday, November 18 (1pm)
– Post Game concert on Lucas Oil Plaza Featuring Ellie Holcomb
– On-Field Access for Photos
– Testimonials from Colts Players and Alumni
– Scout patch
Please join us for this special event and sign up today! Spaces are limited and is based on availability. Sign up at this link HERE!
Questions? Please contact Hannah Glaser at Hannah.Glaser@Colts.NFL.net
From the Pacers’ Front Office:
We are officially two weeks away from this year’s Scout Night. Don’t forget to purchase your tickets!
You are invited to participate in our fantastic Scout Night with the Indiana Pacers on Saturday, November 17th vs Atlanta Hawks at 7pm. Each Scout can earn a patch! This event will sell out, so do not miss your chance to root on the hometown team!
By purchasing tickets through this offer, you will also:
• Shoot a free throw on the main court after the game (Go to Section 6 or 15 after the game)
• Receive a FREE Scout Night patch!
• A FREE hot dog, bag of chips, small Pepsi product, and Pacers hat through the Scout Value Package ($30- or $55-ticket option only)
• Have Access to a Q & A with a Pacers player after the post-game free throw
To Purchase: Visit https://pacers.formstack.com/forms/scoutnight18
**Please note, if you want to sit with your pack or troop, you must purchase the tickets all together. Otherwise, each individual order will be filled separately.**
Kalee Grant | Pacers Sports & Entertainment
Group Events Specialist
Download the flyer for Scout Night at Pacers_Fall 2018 here.