District Presents Unit-Key 3 Conference February 22nd
On February 22, 2017 at 6:00 pm, North Star District will hold a Unit Key 3 Conference. The Unit Key 3 are the unit’s chair, unit leader, and Chartered Organization Representative. The unit leader is the cubmaster, scoutmaster, or venturing advisor.
The agenda will be posted closer to the meeting time.
Dinner will be served. So reservations will be highly encouraged.
As a bit of preview, we will be discussing
- Council’s and District’s Fall 2017 cub recruiting plans and boy scout troops’ ability to support this project;
- Programming plans and opportunities to make planning easier for packs, troops, and crews;
- Encouraging joint camping opportunities between packs and troops;
- Availability of Venturing Crews and its support of scout troops;
- Order of the Arrow and Firecrafter plans for 2017;
- Input for district’s training plan for 2017 to better support units;
- Summer camp planning and promotion;
- Discussion of event planning for Memorial Day grave dressing, 500 program sales, Scouting for Food, etc.;
- Advancement status and discussion of ways to improve.
We will be issuing formal invitations to District Vice-Chairs and Subcommittee Chairs to give short presentations on their areas. If you hold one of those positions, please expect the invitation to speak.
We are still working on confirming the Keynote Speaker from Council. We are hoping to confirm the new Director of Field Services Nathan Young. He is Con’s boss’s boss. Nate is pushing many of the new changes in membership recruitment, so he is a wonderful resource for unit leaders.