On behalf of North Star District Mini-Marathon Chair, Greg Jacoby:
Based on the success of our involvement last year, Troop 174 and all other scouts from the Crossroads Council have been asked to increase the presence of the Boy Scouts at the 500 Festival.
We have been asked to staff water station number 17 at the Mini-Marathon on May 6. It is the water station just before the end of the race, and is located on the IUPUI campus making it very easy to get to and park.
This activity is open to all Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Webelos and their Families.
Please consider volunteering – sign up by April 25!
We need 60 people (30 per shift) to come help, one early morning from 6:30 to 10:30 and one late morning 10:00 to 1:30. You can sign up for one or boththe shifts.
If you are interested in getting involved, please:
- Send an email to me (Greg Jacoby) at email@example.com and let me know what shift you will be working and who will be attending.
- Go the Mini Marathon web site and sign up, using these instructions:
- Log onto our Pit Station Volunteer Website (<== link);
- Click on the Register Now button;
- Click on the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon Pit Station Volunteer (Select button);
- Look for the “Boy Scouts” box (if you see a plus sign, click on that to expand the box);
- Click in the small box next to where it tells you how many openings are left, it should show a check mark;
- The Next button should turn Green, now click on that;
- Create an Account (or sign in with a previous account if you are a returning volunteer);
- From there you can complete your volunteer registration. Please register all that will be attending.
Scouts must wear their CLASS A SHIRTS at the Water Station.
Thanks for your help and as always feel free to contact me [email firstname.lastname@example.org / phone 317-828-6230] if you have any questions. You may also contact 500 Festival Volunteer Intern, Mannah Mace [email email@example.com / phone 317-614-6113]; or Program Manager, Erika Miller [email firstname.lastname@example.org ].
Yours in Scouting,