From District Commissioner Stephen Heath:
Rechartering is coming. As a follow-up to a note sent to the Pack, Troop and Crew Key 3’s, here’s where we’re at in the journey.
Now through Sept 30:
· YPT needs to be completed by all youth-interacting audits, using the new YPT course. On-line is the most efficient way to get this done by
· Position specific training for scoutmaster, asst scoutmasters, den leaders and cubmasters should be done this month, if possible. There will be opportunities to catch these up at University of Scouting in November, and also in the evenings at Golden Burke. Chairs, please have someone check and oversee your training!
· Has your COR scheduled a meeting with your charter rep to prepare sign-off paperwork?
October 1: On-line recharter is open! Adult and youth rosters should be current. Fees should be collected and ready to submit.
October 15-19: NS Commissioner Service will schedule drop-off times and places around town to receive recharter packets & fees. Please make sure all charter signatures are-place and training is up to date!
· Oct 15 – Washington Township
· Oct 16 – Meridian/Kessler
· Oct 17 – Zionsville
· Oct 18 – Pike Township
October 31: Deadline for recharter packets are received and ready for council, as noted in the letter below. If you opt to drop these off at Council, either before or after our pick-up dates, please make sure (District Executive) Jessica Hofman is aware so she can look out for it!
Information about the process including links to resource materials may be found online at http://www.crossroadsbsa.org/158. Getting an early start is a good way to Be Prepared!