Whether they are ready for delivery is a different questions.
The e-books are not yet listed on amazon.com, though. (I get mine on Kindle now.)
UPDATED: More information on Bryan on Scouting. Notice the logo over the right pocket is slightly changed.
What’s new or different about the Scouts BSA uniform?
- The Scouts BSA uniform shirt comes in sizes and cuts for women and girls.
- New uniform pants for women and girls can be rolled up at the leg to be worn as capri pants. Women and girls can also purchase the current, switchback-style uniform pants that zip off at the knee.
- The new shirt is tan and features a BSA fleur-de-lis emblem and the letters “BSA” in red over the right pocket. The existing inventory of
tan shirts, with “BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA” in red over the right pocket, will be available until they’re all sold out.
Can I still wear previous-generation uniform pieces?
Yes. With BSA uniforms, the rule is: once official, always official.
Can I mix and match old and new uniform pieces?
Yes. For example, you could wear the new tan Scouts BSA uniform shirt with previous-generation green uniform pants.
Here is more information about the new Handbook for Girls:
Why are there two different handbooks?
The volunteer-led board of directors wanted to ensure Scouts can see themselves represented accurately in the pages, and having two handbooks was the most effective way to do that.
The photos reflect the troop of which the Scout is a member. In other words, boys will see images of other boys in the Scouts BSA Handbook for Boys; girls will see images of other girls in the Scouts BSA Handbook for Girls.
Is the content the same between the Scouts BSA Handbook for Boys and the Scouts BSA Handbook for Girls?
Yes, the content, requirements and page numbers are exactly the same. All that’s different is the photos.
What did and didn’t change from the Boy Scout Handbook to the Scouts BSA Handbooks?
What didn’t change:
- Program elements
What did change:
- Images, which reflect the troop of which the Scout is a member
- The program name — Boy Scouts becomes Scouts BSA
- Youth Protection guidelines, which are regularly updated to keep young people safe
- Minor grammar and formatting fixes to the 13th Edition of the Boy Scout Handbook
Can a Scout continue to use the 13th Edition of the Boy Scout Handbook?
They have even opened a Kindle Store to find BSA products there easier.