I wanted to let you know a few things before you open up your recharter. (the email with the link was sent on Friday Sept 27th).
- BSA fees are increasing. The exact amount is unknown at this time.
- All leaders need a completed YPT that does not expire before March 1, 2020. Plus, all leaders need their leader specific training (committee, chair, SM, CM, DL, ASM, etc)
- Recharter turn-in dates are being pushed back 2 weeks due to the fee increase. I am still verifying locations. Look for an email later this week to reserve your time slot. You will also find a link to the signup in the Wednesday newsletter or on the North Star website.
- I would suggest waiting on opening your recharter until mid-late October. This would allow for any outstanding applications to be processed and imported into the recharter system, saving you some data entry.
Items that you can work on ahead of time:
- Complete applications for new position adults. for example: Den Leader to Cubmaster
- Check all training records for your registered adults through my.scouting.org
- JTE https://www.scouting.org/awards/journey-to-excellence/scorecards/2020-scorecards-english/
- Annual Charter Agreement https://www.crossroadsbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Annual-Charter-Agreement.pdf
- New this year. Periodic background checks for every currently registered adult in the unit
- Authorization form to be completed by each adult. https://www.crossroadsbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/Addl-Disclosures-and-Authorization.pdf
If you have any questions, please reach out or visit https://www.crossroadsbsa.org/resources/recharter/
Yours in Scouting,
North Star District Commissioner