from Jenny Beyer
Welcome to Recharter Season! Lots of info below.
You should have received a login on Sept 27th. If you did not, please contact our DE, Spencer Young firstname.lastname@example.org He will be able to provide you with the info for your unit.
Please signup asap for a slot to turn in your recharter by Oct 31 or one will be assigned to you. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0948A8AA28A57-20193
To prepare for your internet recharter, please verify the following items for your unit. Checklist attached.
- Adult position training completed (direct contact leaders are required to be trained)
- Youth Protection Training does not expire before March 31, 2020
- Background Check Disclosure form signed by ALL registered adults to be registered
- Returning scouts
- Annual Charter Agreement
- Compile JTE scores
- Turn in all Background check forms with recharter. Must be originals, no pdfs. (per CAC)
- Submit the internet recharter and collect necessary signatures
- Submit 2019 service hours by Dec 1 https://servicehours.scouting.org/UI/Security/Login.aspx
- Submit 2019 Camping nights https://cacnorthstar.org/2019/10/02/the-lange-challenge/
- Provide Friends of Scouting presentation date (Dec 1, 2019- April 30, 2020)
You may have heard there are new fee rates for Jan 1- Dec 31, 2020
- $60 for youth members in Cub Scouts, ScoutsBSA, Venturers (National)
- $36 for adult members (includes cost of background check & Scouting magazine) (National)
- $60 per unit for charter fees (National)
- $12 for all members for Insurance (Council)
- Optional: $ 12 Boy’s Life magazine per scout
To help ensure that Every Scout has the opportunity to continue on their Scouting journey, Crossroads of America Council and Trail’s End have partnered to offer a limited, one-time product sale with a75% commission. On average, selling 2 items will cover the membership fee increase. Selling 5 items will cover the annual registration fee. Details attached.