Lowaneu Allanque Chapter
Order of the Arrow Guidance
If Your Unit Has Not Held OA Elections in 2020:
The National OA Director has approved lodges to hold virtual unit elections through July 1, 2020. Due to the cancellation of many induction events, candidates that were elected February 1, 2019 through July 1, 2020 will have 24 months from the date of election to complete their ordeal. There are no changes to the membership requirements. The following resources have been put together so that lodges may effectively implement virtual elections.
The following guidelines should be followed in order to conduct virtual unit elections.
- The Lodge and Council leadership must approve their lodge conducting virtual unit elections.
- The unit leader must agree to a virtual election.
- The Lodge Unit election team and the appropriate forms/videos must be able to be presented to unit members. (This assumes the use of some type of online meeting technology.)
- The unit leader should continue to validate those eligible for elections.
- A means to confidentially collect votes for eligible unit members must be available and used. NO OPEN VOTE COUNTING IS TO BE ALLOWED.
- Conduct your election in accordance with the Election to Ordeal process outlined on page 23 of the Guide for Officers and Advisers which can be found here.
If Your Unit Has Held OA Elections for 2020:
There will be no official call-out since the Spring Camporee has been cancelled. Scoutmasters may reach out and inform the candidates. Candidates will receive Ordeal Packets via email by the end of April.
All successful candidates will now have 24 months to attend an Ordeal.
The West Area Ordeal scheduled April 24-26 at Camp Krietenstein will be rescheduled to later this year.
The Central Area Ordeal scheduled May 15-17th at Camp Belzer is still on the schedule but likely will be rescheduled.