Hi there Scouters!
The sun is starting to shine regularly- what a glorious feeling!
- Are you are planning activities later this summer? Let us know! We would love to share your ideas to the rest of the units. (For direction on activities, remember the Guide to Safe Scouting! https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/gss/toc/)
- Planning: Ideal Year of Scouting planning is wrapping up, do you have your calendar complete? Is it partially complete due to the uncertainty of the upcoming school year? We would like to add your “best-case scenario” calendar of meetings and activities to our district calendar. Please send a copy of your calendar to me by the end of June. https://www.crossroadsbsa.org/resources/iyos/
- Summer Camp: Instead of summer camp this year, Council has come up with ways to keep your scouts engaged (and help offset the loss of revenue). See the Camp 2020 webpage. https://www.crossroadsbsa.org/resources/camp-2020/
- Recruiting: Cub Leaders, have you made contact with your principal for lunch talks & registration nights? You may want to contact them before they leave for the summer and get it on the calendar.
- Fundraising: Sign up to participate in Popcorn Sales to offset the unit budget. https://crossroads.trails-end.com/
Pathfinder District had a Roundtable last week, take a look for some great general information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iobfh1PIhjE (IYOS @30min, Camp2020 @36min, Questions Answered @47min)
Follow us on Facebook for opportunities in Scouting. https://www.facebook.com/cacnorthstarcommissioner/ and watch for the weekly blog that hits your email on Wednesdays at 1pm.
We hope to see you soon.