From District Program Chair Mark Pishon – key stats and deadlines for the revised Youth Protection Training:
SEE THIS LINK FOR HELPFUL HINTS / TIPS for completing YPTv2!
Your Rechartering status will depend upon 100% of your Unit’s registered adults being trained by the deadline – don’t delay!
- All North Star District Leadership should complete this training by MARCH 31
- The Council Deadline is April 30 for all Registered Adults and Walking Leaders at camps
- Anyone not completing the new mandatory YPT will risk having their BSA record purged if not completed by the BSA deadline of October 2 – having said that we are urged to be a Pacesetter District for the Nation, and set the example by completing ours within Council deadlines.
- We understand and have heard that there are slow response time issues with the online training…
- This may also be completed via phone, that might also be an option;
- A face to face version should be released by end of March and will be sent to District Training Chairs as soon as it is made available;
- The face to face training will be included in district events in April once available.
- As of last week around 700 leaders out of 6700 have completed the training, or just over 10% of our leaders have been trained with the deadline fast approaching!
Please complete the revised Youth Protection Training ASAP!!