Stu Bowes, Camporee Chair and Assistant District Commissioner, led a conversation at the September Roundtable to plan the Fall Camporee. He reports that the Fall Camporee will take place Friday, October 9, 2015 through Sunday morning, September 11, 2015 at the Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired at 7725 N. College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
The theme will be “Zombie Apocalypse.” The topic will be Emergency Preparedness. This will give us a wonderful chance to be able to mix the Halloween season’s goofiness with serious skills training and practice.
The cost will be $5 per person.
Security gates will be open most of the weekend. Using the 75th Street entrance is usually the easiest and least confusing approach.
Camp sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
After the Roundtable meeting the following items still need to be completed. Troops are asked to contribute information about the following items to Stu:
- competition station plans (please ask your PLC to contribute ideas; senior scouts running stations is a wonderful way to intrigue senior scouts about camporees);
- Number of scouts and adults attending;
- Every troop to plan a campfire skit;
- You will be required to use a fire pan because only above-ground fires are allowed.
- Troops or honorary society (i.e., Firecrafter Ember or OA Chapter) for flag raising and lowering;
- Troop or honorary society to lead campfire;
- Troop or honorary society to lead “Scouts Own”;
- Troop to perform bathroom cleanup on Sunday.
Also needed police officer or fireman with vehicle for Zombie Apocalypse skit at flag raising ceremony. Please contact Stu Bowes if you can help. Some of our IMPD officer-scouters will be otherwise occupied with professional or troop duties.