Reminders for upcoming activities and deadlines!
Next week, the commissioner corps will support pickup and review of recharter paperwork. Locations are setup to allow leaders a range of locations and dates across town to drop off packets.
- Monday, Oct 15th – Starbucks, 9545 N. Meridian St. (96th and Meridian) 7:00-8:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct 16th – Immaculate Heart of Mary Church gathering space, (Meridian/Kessler) 7:00-8:30pm
- Wednesday, Oct 17th – St. Alphonsus Parish Hall ( Zionsville) 7:00-8:30pm
- Thursday, Oct 18th – Starbucks, 5550 Lafayette, Indianapolis, IN (Pike), 7:00-8:30pm
- Fall break conflict / back-up date: Monday, Oct 22nd, 9545 N. Meridian St. (96th and Meridian), 7:00-8:30pm
For the Troops, Crews and Packs dropping off paperwork directly at the Council office, please let (District Executive) Jessica Hofman know so that it can be received and processed.
Camping and Outdoor Events:
- Looks like the Fall Camporee “Hocus Pocus” was a blast! Check out this article for a peak…
- Coming up! Final sales day is Oct. 21, final day for returns Oct. 23. Please see this article for more timeline information. Hope sales are going well!
- ROUNDTABLE this month is Oct. 11 – see this article for more details.
- Den Leader / Cubmaster training: In addition to the training held at the October Roundtable, this month’s in-person supplemental training will be at the Zionsville Town Hall on Oct. 23; also more training opportunities are available around the area, see this article for more info).
- University of Scouting on Nov. 17 – be sure to sign up on the Council website! See this article for more details.
Merit Badge Workshops:
- Hou Koda district 2018 Fall Merit Badge Workshop, Oct. 20: click here to register.
- Central IN 2018 Merit Badge University Nov. 3: click here for more information and to register. Sponsored by Greenfield IN Troop 233. Spots are filling up fast!
Thanks all, and have a great week in Scouting!
In person popcorn sales began on August 25!
Thanks to all of you who participated in OPERATION POPCORN PICKUP as well as the Popcorn festival these past couple of weekends. Looking forward to a great popcorn selling season.
Key sales dates:
|September 10||September Orders Due on the Popcorn System at scouting.trails-end.com|
|September 20 & 21||September Order Product Distribution by Unit|
|October 21||FINAL SALES DAY!|
|October 23||Final day for Product Returns|
|October 28||Final Popcorn Orders and Prize Order due at scouting.trails-end.com|
|October 28||Last day to complete Unit-to-Unit Transfers–form on crossroads.trails-end.com|
|November 15 -16||Final Order Product distribution by Unit|
|November 30||Final Payments due to CAC Offices|
SEE the Trail’s End Council page for more product pickup, returns, and cash & carry dates and locations: Trail’s End CAC
Tutorial on using the Trail’s End Phone App can be found here: Tutorial
Please keep in mind the situation with Kroger: Article here
GOOD LUCK WITH POPCORN SALES!!
Calling All Unit Popcorn Kernels!
The name of the your mission is OPERATION POPCORN PICKUP.
Date: Friday, August 24
Time: A time slot to be determined between 12noon and 5pm
Place: North Star District Popcorn Warehouse: IDS (Integrated Distribution Services), 9431 All Points Parkway, Plainfield, IN 46168
Your mission (should you choose to accept) is to help DRIVE to the NS POPCORN WAREHOUSE (IDS), ANNOUNCE YOUR NAME & UNIT (Crew, Pack, or Troop) & PICKUP THE POPCORN THAT YOU HAVE ORDERED!! Should you successfully complete your mission, you will get to take your popcorn with you and raise ALL the funds you could EVER NEED (and want) for your IDEAL YEAR OF SCOUTING!!!.
*** If you have not already done so please pick a time at the SignUp Genius Link: ***
Please contact our NS District Popcorn Kernel, Kimberly Gorham at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GOOD LUCK TROOPS!!
Come one come all – this Sunday August 19, 2018, to the 2018 Scout Popcorn Festival!
See this post for details on the Festival, don’t miss out!
RSVP at https://tinyurl.com/2018CACFestival is appreciated but not required.
Full-sized flyer link: 2018 Scout Popcorn Festival Flyer.
This update comes from Crossroads BSA, email 6-Aug-2018:
We just received a phone call from Kroger headquarters and have some important news to share with all popcorn selling units. First and foremost, we value our relationship with Kroger – especially our Scouting for Food partnership – and we appreciate what they do for our community and Scout families! To clarify a couple of details and things that were mentioned on the call, we are following up with Kroger, but here are some things that you should be aware of now:
- Excluding Kroger, continue to book your own storefronts to ensure you hit your sales goal. This ONLY applies to Kroger. Look at some new and different stores that you have not sold at in the past, think outside the box, and let us know how we can help.
- Please do not contact Kroger (local stores or corporate) moving forward about selling in front of their stores. Kroger has instructed Council leadership to work directly with Kroger stores managers and coordinate all storefront shift with the units.
- We know that we will be booking and coordinating with units all Kroger selling shifts from Sept 17 – Oct 21. More information coming soon on how this process will work.
- If you have booked shifts with Kroger, hold tight and don’t do anything right now – don’t reach out to Kroger and don’t cancel the shifts. We are hoping you can keep everything you have already booked. We will be in touch soon.
- We are getting clarification on the Kroger “Race for Riley” fundraiser and how this impacts our sale before Sept 17.
Stay tuned for more information and a link on how your unit will sign up for Kroger store front sale through the council.
As you are working with your Units to determine your popcorn sale commitment this month, keep in mind:
– Online sales begin August 1
– Unit sales plans and initial sales orders will be due in August
– Unit popcorn kickoff parties are to be completed by the first week in September
This year the Council will be holding the first annual Golden Eagle Neighborhood Popcorn Blitz on Saturday, September 22. Unit members can work together in one or both shifts (9:30-11 or 1-3) and will be assigned a neighborhood in which to work door to door. The Council will provide popcorn to be used in the sale, and all sales will be credited back to the Scouts and Units. Prizes will be awarded to the highest-selling Scout and Unit during the blitz. For more details and to Register for the event see the Council website listing linked in the event title above.
For a little inspiration you might want to check out the following article: How four Scouts sold a combined $250k in Popcorn (Scouting Wire magazine).
Good luck to all on a successful Popcorn selling season!!
On behalf of North Star District Executive Jessica Hofman:
Most of you have heard me talk about the Scout Popcorn Festival coming in August. This is the second year in a row for this event, and if you ask others that have gone… it’s pretty awesome!!! Some experiences at the festival below:
- National Guard inflatable obstacle course
- Popcorn taste testing station
- BMX show (last year’s event, we’re looking into something equally as cool this year)
- Prize showing station
- Face painting
- Popcorn sales pitch training
- And more!
When: August 26, 2018 1 – 4pm
Where: Camp Belzer, 6102 Boy Scout Road, Lawrence IN
This event is free and an open house environment. There are a few benefits to you adding this to your calendar for the late Summer/ early Fall:
- This event qualifies as an August event for your Summertime Pack Award
- This event qualifies for “Scout Training” which is one of the patches that a youth can earn in the patch set this year
- It gets new and old Scouts excited about selling popcorn… which in turn leads to larger sales and more money for you all to put on AMAZING programming.
Sign up HERE .
Be sure to RSVP as soon as possible please – even if you are tentative on how many will be in your group! This type of event take A LOT of work on the front end and I want to make sure there’s enough time and effort put into this event for all of our Scouts to attend. Let me know if you have any questions!
The Popcorn Festival is the start to the new fundraising year. Here is a fun infographic of some of the basic information.
For ease of adding this information to your e-calendar, I repeat the key information here. Sunday, August 13, 2017, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, at Camp Belzer, 6102 Boy Scout Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46226. More information at here..